Intern - Academic Design, Reading - New York City, NY
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
Are you a college Junior, Senior or recent graduate with a passion for research? Would you like to develop incredibly valuable commercial experience at one of the world’s most successful digital education companies (and get paid for your work)? Sound interesting? Then read-on….
McGraw-Hill Education is moving from its long history as a renowned publishing house to a digital-first educational company. We are currently building exciting product ecosystems that improve the learning and teaching experience. We’d like you to be a part of this exciting work!
Watch this video for a glimpse into our Internship experience...http://youtu.be/A4En6Py9Yk4 (A number of our interns have become full-time employees at the end of their studies).
McGraw-Hill Education is offering a paid summer internship at the headquarters of the school education division in mid-town New York City. In addition to directly contributing to the development of innovative products for K-12 education, you’ll benefit from business experience and mentoring from a diverse group of learning solutions professionals who spends much of their time focused on classroom learning interactions.
The Academic Design Intern will assist with tasks such as:
- Assist the Academic Design team with all product development tasks.
- Coordinate file deliveries between Production and vendors.
- Assist with concepting, collaborative development and building prototypes -- as appropriate -- in keeping with templates/models.
- Assist in creation of script development, animations, interactive activities – conforming to image specs and style guides.
- Hands on execution of tasks for print and digital product.
- Review product demo sites and programs.
- Generate ideas for improving internal processes, documentation and communications.
A successful candidate will:
- Be enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of Higher Education.
- Have working knowledge of digital products – including cutting-edge device and application trends.
- Display strong ability with a range of digital technologies and tools -- especially as they relate to Educational potentials, Web 2.0 and Social Networking applications.
- Competent with Web technologies, media file formats, and social media tools.
- Strong interest in social media and an interest in education and user interface design
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office applications and internet research methods.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), HTML & CSS -- a plus.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here http://bit.ly/2zcMQZn to learn more!