Senior Editor, Online - New York City, NY
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior Editor, Online in our New York City office. Does this sound like you?
This role is responsible for planning, project management and operations of the MHE Ebook Library and for content development for Sci/Tech products including Connect and AccessEngineering. The Senior Editor will develop and generate new content for Computing and for AccessEngineering and will suggest functionality ideas to leverage and support Sci/Tech content.
- Develop and execute digital content development strategy for Sci/Tech digital products including AccessEngineering and Connect. Identify content opportunities and execute strategy. Monitor and evaluate effectiveness and success of projects, including analyzing usage and designing customer feedback initiatives. Aggressively build market knowledge of emerging media technologies, trends and competitive edge/offerings.
- Manage content, functionality and business opportunities for MHE ebook Library to improve efficiencies and to identify and maximize revenue opportunities for the platform.
- Manage the development of Connect courses for Sci/Tech textbooks. Includes project management, identifying and managing subject matter experts and managing the product launch process.
- Manage spend against budget for all products.
- Partner with sales and marketing to maximize revenue opportunities for Sci/Tech digital products.
- Direct and indirect revenue responsibility for $1 million of digital subscription revenue.
- Work outside in, Drive with data, Partner across teams, Execute with agility
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years digital experience.
- Experience with technical content highly preferred
- Experience with managing multiple vendors is highly preferred.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage collaboration across internal departments and across divisions, as well as external subject matter experts and consultants.
- Excellent communication skills including a sensitivity and awareness of international issues
- Demonstrated ability to strive for results while maintaining good relations with internal and external customers.
- Proven experience developing web-based content for the reference market.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.