Senior Commissioning Editor - London, United Kingdom
We have a new opportunity for a confident, inquisitive and motivated Senior Commissioning Editor that will source, contract, develop and launch profitable and successful Open University Press titles. Based from London, we need a confident, tenacious and results-focused Senior Commissioning Editor that, when applicable, will drive the transition to a digital product focus for the relevant disciplines.
You will be responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of new programs and for the management of current lists. Your knowledge of the market, competition and of product development will combine with marketing inputs to define product designs that are engaging, efficient, and based on customers’ needs.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Collaborating with cross-functional, international teams, including business managers, marketing managers, content experts, and our digital platform team, to drive the value and profitability of products.
- Continuous engagement with the market and establish a network of authors and subject-matter-experts to enable content acquisition in line with list strategies.
- Work directly, or in liaison with Product Developer and/or Editorial, to ensure development product is delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Contribute to and execute on digital strategy for selected subject disciplines to deliver a profitable content portfolio. Justify and control project expenditure.
- Strong collaboration with marketing and sales teams to ensure a coordinated market-driven product development strategy to increase revenue in line with company financial targets.
- In partnership with other international teams, take commercial responsibility and accountability to meet product revenue and budget targets.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Commissioning experience in the Higher Education, Academic or Medical Education market, including evidence of working with digital products.
- Strong programme management skills, including budget and scheduling.
- Knowledge of e-learning solutions, including online multimedia, video and learning management solutions, would be desirable.
- Strong understanding of industry trends and experience of developing/driving digital opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalised learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you possess the ability and confidence to persuade, negotiate and motivate others, alongside being financially and business savvy, we want to talk to you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!