Assistant Academic Designer - Columbus, OH
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning meets the art of teaching. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
McGraw-Hill Education, the leading provider of print and digital educational materials for grades PreK-12, has an immediate opening for an Assistant Academic Designer for their Reveal Math program. This position is part of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) department. This position is a Project Status Worker position working in the Columbus, OH or Chicago, IL office.
This is a Project Status position.
- Develop instructional materials delivered in print and digitally
- Produce accurate, error-free, high-quality products that meet curriculum standards and that display appropriate content, reading level, grammar, and style
- Track and follow approved workflows at all stages, and meet all intermediate and final schedules
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to ensure that market requirements, project schedules, and product goals are met
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in elementary education with an emphasis on mathematics
- 1-2 years of elementary teaching experience with emphasis on digital
- 1-2 years of editorial experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which include a thorough command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar and a strong attention to detail
- Effective organizational and time management skills; productive, efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
A successful candidate may have:
- Experience with InCopy
- Experience in instructional design or educational technology for elementary school curriculum
- Ability to create and visualize animated and interactive content
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago