Learning Solutions Consultant - Halifax, NS
McGraw-Hill Education is a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions which improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 65 languages. For additional information, visit www.mheducation.com.
We are now accepting applications for a Sales Representative in our Higher Education Division. This position will be located in Halifax Nova Scotia and will cover the geography of the province, with some remote accounts. The incumbent must be able to travel within Canada and to the United States for sales conferences and meetings on the days we specify at the beginning of January and August.
Come work for a forward-thinking organization that offers you the opportunity to:
- Join a diverse team consisting of new and experienced sales professionals;
- Fast track your career development with excellent training and mentorship resources;
- Work with Marketing and Product Management teams to execute strategies in territory;
- Discuss strategy with team members and managers;
- Work in a modern, mobile-enabled, technology-driven, collaborative work environment;
- Enjoy the flexibility of running your own home office while still working in a team environment;
- Earn recognition for outstanding performance at our annual National Sales Meeting and throughout the year.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Represent McGraw-Hill Education in Nova Scotia, preferably based in Halifax.
- Create value and grow revenue by analyzing and addressing customer needs (student, professor, and educational institution)
- Make effective sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Drive the integration of McGraw-Hill Education’s digital solutions to address customer needs
- Effectively liaise with Marketing, Product Management, and the Digital Solutions team
- Develop and maintain a systematic calling plan and an up-to-date database of customer and sales information.
- Identify product & services acquisitions and development opportunities with the help & direction of the Product, Marketing and Sales Management Teams.
- Contribute to regular field reports and forecasting information to your Sales Manager.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma along with superior interpersonal skills is essential.
- Demonstrated passion for and interest in technology–enabled educational solutions.
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills is also required.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Project Management experience would be an asset.
- The ability to excel through change.
- Microsoft Office Applications Proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to demonstrate technology enabled solutions is essential.
- Basic Knowledge of Course Management Systems Desirable (eg. Blackboard, Sakai, D2L).
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!