Director, Sales Operations - East Windsor, NJ
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Director, Sales Operations working from our New York Office. Does this sound like you?
The Director, Sales Operations will work closely with sales, operations, finance, and other business units, the Director of Sales Operations leads the team that provides sales and customer operations support for Professional’s digital sales and book sales organizations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Direct the sales support team to provide high-quality sales operation support to sales management, sales representatives, customers, and third-party sales groups. On a global level as appropriate, provide tier 2 and above customer support with an emphasis on key subscription and book customers. Hire, train and motivate sales support staff to provide consistently high-quality service.
- Represent Professional’s interests through active daily participation and decision-making involving the following shared service areas: distribution, customer service, sales reporting, account set up and editing, order entry, and credit. This includes participation on task forces and committees focused on long range planning and improvement of MHE systems including Oracle OTC, OKS, PDH, and EDW.
- Manage and provide standardized and ad-hoc sales reporting to sales, finance, product, editorial and marketing across the I&P organization.
- Coordinate the sales crediting assignment process for Professional. Work with the channel managers in national accounts, field, special markets, digital and direct marketing, to define sales territories and then communicate the same to the data quality team who create the logic and hierarchy in Oracle. Official approver for Professional on changes to revenue assignment process (RAP). This also includes handling all customer classification changes for Professional.
- Advise/consult on the capability of Oracle OTC systems to support various proposals and promotions. Consult with sales and marketing during the planning stages of any sales campaign or promotion. Review proposals from customers such as contracts or compliance agreements, and make recommendations.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and inter-personal skills necessary.
- This position requires the ability to work across functional, regional, and divisional teams.
- Cross-divisional coordination is necessary due to MHE’s cross-marketing policies. Strong knowledge of MHE School and Higher Education products, discounts, and sales channels is necessary.
- Comprehensive understanding of processes and systems that support the sales process, including Oracle OTC (all modules) and business objects.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Thorough understanding of hierarchy structure, the revenue grid and special considerations.
- Five plus years of sales operations or related experience preferred.
- Industry knowledge preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.