Sr Manager - Business Unit Support - East Windsor, NJ
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
- You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more.
- We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy.
- Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within.
- Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sr Manager - Business Unit Support in our East Windsor, NJ office. Does this sound like you?
The Sr Manager of Business Unit Support will oversee operations by coordinating activities with MHE’s offshore partner in the development and achievement of the department’s mission while employing controls that safeguard the corporation’s assets. In addition handle the MHE Order to Cash system general ledger including but not limited to interfaces the to MHE Atlas general ledger, account setup, Ryerson revaluation, and account setup.
- Direct global resources to insure that items being capitalized are appropriate and have appropriate authorizations and approvals.
- Direct global resources to insure that actual reporting and journal entries for reserve for returns, and Internal commissions are completed accurately.
- Ensure accurate and timely transmission information from various Sub-systems to General Ledger and other accounting subsystems.
- Monitor and manage user satisfaction levels and take immediate actions as appropriate.
- Work directly with Service Provider’s Service Area Leads to identify, assess and mitigate risks.
- First point of escalation for the business units.
- Drive global standardization of policies, processes and systems.
- Manage within budget guidelines.
- Continuously identify technology that will improve the operating efficiency, effectiveness and control of the global plant operations.
- Responsible for the efforts of McGraw-Hill Education operations around the world to ensure consistency in world-wide policies and procedures.
- Must work closely with the MHE business to ensure that the global processes, policies and controls are efficient and effective.
- Must be able to direct technical changes in new and existing system procedures. Decisions involving production of multi-currency payments, security and timeline that affect the reporting community.
- Will perform technical monitoring and control of the daily closing job stream.
- Must be able to identify, evaluate, and resolve issues related to the MHE fulfillment system.
- Must be able to resolve problems that can arise while working on a team project.
- Must be able to assist other areas in their project assignments related to the Oracle Order to Cash.
A successful candidate will have:
- 7-10 years of thorough knowledge of accounting principles with analysis experience.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Strong understanding of systems/data processing concepts. Ability to work with technical systems support people.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Knowledge of MHE budgeting and recasting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Oracle Applications.
- Knowledge of SQL tools.
- 7-10 years accounting/Oracle systems experience with a thorough knowledge of the MHE Order to Cash process.
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.