Executive Assistant - New York City, NY
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Executive Assistant in our New York City office reporting to the Chief Communications Office. Does this sound like you?
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Screen all incoming calls, and take accurate messages and direct calls to others as appropriate; separate mail/messages and deliver to appropriate personnel.
- Manage the calendar using Outlook and coordinate meeting scheduling.
- Prepare detailed travel and meeting itineraries; prepare and submit monthly expense reports; prepare, update, and maintain organizational charts, documents, memos, presentations, data reports, contact lists, directories, and reports in the following software programs: PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel to compare documents.
- Organize meetings (reserve conference rooms, equipment, food, and beverage service); assist consultants in finding conference rooms & meeting set-up, register guests in system.
- In absence of manager, direct urgent requests to others to prevent any disruption or to see that urgent matters are attended to and communicated as appropriate.
- Assist in filing and clerical duties; organize and maintain files, manage departmental supplies.
- Make travel arrangement complying with budget and ensure travel preferences are met.
- Help code and input departmental invoices for manager approval and escalate as necessary; set up new vendors for A/P; follow up on non-payment of invoices with A/P; send monthly summary report to appropriate staff.
- Work with other assistant to coordinate work load; cover when out of office.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Seven plus years’ experience in a support role.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures is essential since the individual fields many calls, both internally and externally, requesting information.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills with strong ability to get along and work productively with others.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are necessary since this individual will be working on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to self-motivate and work unsupervised.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work with a team and be ready, willing, and able to take any tasks presented by the Communications Department.
- Hard worker and problem-solving ability as issues/problems will not be the same from day to day.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!